Kategorien

Donnerstag, 8. November 2012

NYX Eyebrow cake powder Review

About two weeks ago I bought the NYX Eyebrow cake powder and since I haven't seen a whole lot of reviews on it so far I thought I should do one.
(Pictures/swatches at the end of the post)

Why I bought it:
Eyebrows can make such a HUGE difference for an everyday make up look! That's why I like to invest a little bit of extra time in my brows. My eyebrows, however, are pretty dark (compared to my dark blond hair) and ashy. This means that it is incredible hard for me to find the correct shade of brown for my brows.
Up until now I used an eyeshadow from an eyeshadow palette I bought on ebay quiet some time ago. But having to pull out the whole palette every morning (it's one of those 88 palettes) is just super inconvenient. That's why I got myself the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash.

Description: 
The packeting is plain. It's quiet cheap and doesn't look really nice. However I do find that it closes pretty tightly. Or at least it feels secure (which is important for when you go travel with it).
It comes with two different eyeshadows, a darker more intense brown (Taupe) and a slightly brownish grey (Ash). Furthermore it comes with some brow wax.
In addition to that they give you a little flat angled brush and a small mascara wand to comb through your eyebrows afterwards.

Qualität:
The little angled brush I find to be actually pretty decent. It does the job.
The eyeshadows I pretty well pigmented, nothing crazy though. It's exactly the right amount of pigment to fill in your brows without having to pack on the color but not too pigmented so that you have to be extremely careful with it.
I did notice that the shadows don't really transfer very well from skin to skin, meaning that it's kind of hard to do swatches. But they are easier to use with a brush.
The brow wax is ok. I'm over all not a huge brow wax fan. Not just because I usually don't have a problem with brow hair sticking out but also because I find it to be a little bit too sticky. If want to go the extra mile and glue my brows in place I'd use Alverde Augenbrauen Gel (only available in germany, switzerland, austria i think...) or something simliar to that since it dries completely and doesn't leave my brows sticky (Lass mir ein Kommentar da, wenn ich dazu eine Review schreiben soll)

Conclusion:I absolutely love it! This eyebrow kit makes my life sooo much easier! The color matches perfectly.
I really do believe everyone can find the correct shade since it has a wide range of shades (six to be exact).
I use "Ash" for my brows. The darker tone "Taupe" however I like to use for my lower lash line to make it look fuller and more defined.
Last but not least: It's so cheap compared to similar products! Only 6.95 in Germany and 4.95 (i think) in the US.

NYX bekommt man mittlerweile in vielen Douglas Filialen und ist auch in deren Onlineshop erhältlich. :D

Tell me what you think about this product if you tried it I would looove to communicate with you in the comments :3


 Left: Taupe/ Right: Ash

                                             
 Left: Ash/ Right: Taupe

                                                   
                                                   (without Make Up - only Eyebrow powder)


Feel free to correct my grammar if you want to. Since I'm not a native speaker it might be really shitty I can't really tell xD




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen